These virtual learning read aloud and activities for elementary students will make learning so much fun and everyone really hungry! Today’s theme is spaghetti. Begin with our online read aloud, Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola. After you have listened to the story, you can fill your day with oodles and oodles of noodle themed learning activities.
Virtual Learning Read Aloud – Strega Nona by Tomie dePaola
Virtual Learning – Spaghetti Themed Activities
- Cause and Effect printable for Strega Nona
- Spaghetti Letters – boil some spaghetti noodles and have your child practice forming letters with the noodles.
- Journal – Strega Nona’s pot made as much pasta as she wanted when she said her magic chant. What food would you want your magic pot to make? Create your own chant and draw a picture.
Watch the video to learn how to count to 10, then print these worksheets to practice writing and saying numbers in Italian.
Spaghetti Cooking Project
Kids can help cook up a delicious meal with these yummy pasta recipes!
- Spaghetti Tacos
- Spaghetti Pie
- Octopus Hotdogs with Spaghetti
- Baked Spaghetti Cups with Veggies
- Spaghetti Nests
Spaghetti Art Activity
This classic children’s song is still a favorite!
Learn More About Italy & the History of Spaghetti
- Printable Italy Fact Book from 123 Homeschool for Me
- Watch the video about spaghetti and meatballs and list 3 things that you learned.
Additional Books and Resources
Here are some more great stories by Tomie dePaola that you can order from Amazon.
This Little Nugget is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.