Whether you can’t head to the woods for a camping adventure or the camping just isn’t your idea of a fun weekend, just bring the outdoors in with these fun indoor camping activities.
Have the kids pack an adventure bag with a flashlight, games and snacks for a weekend of “camping”.
Daytime Adventures and Activities
- Go on a hike outside and do this nature scavenger hunt from Make and Takes
- Create a nature treasure box with all of the great things the kids find on the hike
- Make twig boats and float them in the bathtub
- Play ring toss or cornhole
- Wrap up in blankets and read books outside
- Go for a nighttime walk and stargaze
- Play flashlight tag
- Make shadow puppets
- Play a card game in the tent
- Tell spooky stories
- Start a fire in the fireplace or in the backyard
- For a real camping experience, make s’mores on the stove or in the microwave
- Another fun snack option is this yummy s’mores trail mix. It’s super easy for kids to make and delicious!
- Pop-up a tent and set up camp inside. Or, pull out the couch cushions and blankets to build your own fort. Then fill it with pillows, blankets, stuffed animals and toys
- Put on your jammies and snuggle together in your sleeping bags
- After a fun day of playing, let the kids sleep in the tent or fort all night!
Looking for more staycation ideas? Have some tropical-themed fun with these beach day activities.