Drizzle with Mike's Hot Honey for a spicy kick to your salad
*You can substitute any oil you have for the avocado oil. I prefer to use avocado oil when roasting because it is more stable than other oils in high heat cooking.
- 1 bag shaved brussels sprouts (4-5 cups)
- 1 TBS avocado oil*
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 - 15 ounce can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp avocado oil*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 TBS lemon zest
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey (maple syrup for vegan option)
- Dash of Salt
- 1-2 TBS water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and dry on a clean towel. Cut cauliflower into small pieces and combine in a bowl with the chickpeas
- Add avocado oil, salt, garlic powder and cumin and toss. Spread out on parchment-lined baking and sheet. Roast for 30 minutes until chickpeas are crispy. For crispier chickpeas roast for an additional 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 TBS of oil on medium heat. Stir in brussels sprouts and salt to taste. Cook for 8-10 minutes until tender and starting to brown
- For the dressing, whisk the first 5 ingredients together. Slowly add water and stir until you reach your preferred consistency.
- Add the brussels sprouts, chickpeas and cauliflower to a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Serve warm or cold
© 2021 This Little Nugget